The Somersetter is committed to protecting your personal information.
- The Somersetter website (www.thesomersetter.com) and its related subdomains.
- The Somersetter official social media channels
- Emails sent (via Mailchimp)
- what information The Somersetter may collect about you;
- how The Somersetter will use information we collect about you;
- when The Somersetter may use your details to contact you;
- whether The Somersetter will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
We ask people for their personal to subscribe to The Somersetter newsletter. Personal information collected is owned and controlled by The Somersetter. This data is only held for the specified purpose. Your data will only be shared with a third party for explicit processing purposes; for instance:
- The Somersetter mailing list is administered by Mailchimp. They will act as the Data Processor on behalf of The Somersetter.
Cookies may be used from time to time to assist us in presenting the website in a more usable format, but they are never used to track users’ movements through this website.
We are notified under the Data Protection Act 1998 and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
The Somersetter will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To contact you with The Somersetter newsletter.
- To deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by The Somersetter.
- To notify you of any changes to The Somersetter’s policies and practices.
- We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
The Somsersetter newsletter will bring your periodic updates on events and activities happening in and around Somerset. Although The Somersetter currently does not work with commercial partners, this may be something we do in the future to help fund our activities. Any content within the newsletter which is the result of a partnership with a commercial organisation would be clearly flagged as such. This may include banner ads or sponsored text / ad copy. We may also use affiliate links when pushing to commercial sites, in order to earn a small percentage of any sales. But your details will not be shared with third parties and you will not receive emails other than our newsletters.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
If you no longer wish to subscribe to The Somersetter, you may unsubscribe at any time, you can unsubscribe from the list at any time, using the unsubscribe link in each newsletter email.
The copyright in the text on this website and in The Somersetter is owned by The Somersetter, except where it is specifically stated that the information was previously published elsewhere and/or the copyright is acknowledged to another party, usually the original publisher or writer. Any text that is marked with the copyright notice of any other party apart from The Somersetter is that person’s intellectual property and you must contact that person or organisation if you wish to use their material.
The Somersetter owns the copyright in all photographs, unless otherwise stated.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst the data owner, The Somersetter, will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that all material found on this website and in the newsletters is accurate and up to date it cannot guarantee this to users/readers and The Somersetter does not represent that the information contained on this website or in the newsletters is accurate, complete or verified and will accept no liability or obligation (whether at law or otherwise) for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this website or the newsletters or for any loss or damage suffered by any person, company or other organisation from any reliance placed upon the information found on this website or in the newsletters.
Under the GDPR you have the right to request a copy of the personal information The Somersetter about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our records.
In order to verify your request, you will be asked to provide copies of two forms of identification, which (Passport, Driving licence, Birth certificate, Current vehicle registration document).
This website www.thesomersetter.com, its name, logo and the newsletter are owned by Chris Salmon and Alexia Loundras.
Last updated, Saturday 24 March 2018